What information do we collect and how?
Macclesfield Physio Pilates takes your privacy seriously. Personal information is gathered on paper at your assessment, such as name, address, date of birth, phone numbers, email address, information related to your health and the condition for which you have attended, information regarding ongoing treatment and progress.
How is your information used?
Macclesfield Physio Pilates uses the information you provide to:
• To reliably and accurately identify your record in the future for follow up treatment
• Contact details such as address, phone numbers and/or email address, are collected in order to enable changes of appointment or class.
• Personal sensitive data relating to your health is gathered as part of your physiotherapy assessment, to aid in diagnosis and treatment of your condition.
• Communication with GP’s, Consultants, healthcare professionals, your medical insurance company and legal services – with your consent
• Solicitor/legal team in the event of an accident claim.
• Your medical insurance company if you are claiming for treatment or payments are going through your health insurance company.
• Forms for occupational health, social services, disability assessments
We will only contact you in relation to a previous request by you to contact us, or regarding any changes of appointment or class. We may also contact you to discuss your progress treatment or gain consent to share information with relevant healthcare professionals.
Macclesfield Physio Pilates also sends regular emails announcing forthcoming blocks of classes and sale of equipment. These emails are sent using Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC) and we only provide (if consent has been given) first and last names and the provided email address to manage and send emails.
For the purposes of GDPR, Macclesfield Physio Pilates is deemed the ‘Data Controller’ and MailChimp the ‘Data Processor’. To find out more about how MailChimp manages data, visit www.mailchimp.com/legal/privacy.
How your information is kept?
Information is kept securely for 8 years after the date of your last treatment or at age 25 years for patients under 18 years of age. After this date it will be securely disposed of.
How you can access and update your information?
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Macclesfield Physio Pilates hold about you. We may charge £10 for information requests to cover our costs.
Macclesfield Physio Pilates Website and Cookie Usage
Macclesfield Physio Pilates' website (www.macclesfieldphysiopilates.com) does not explicitly request for or store any identifiable personal information
However, our website does collect information about your computer and about your visits to and the use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). We use this data to analyse user activity in order to gain insights about how to improve the functionality and experience of the website. This information is also collected through cookies.
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and accessible only to the websites which create them.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however you may delete, or disable cookies by following the instructions at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you disable cookies. Further information about cookies can be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Review Of Policy
This Policy is kept under regular review. This Policy was last reviewed in April 2018.